Arizona State Charitable Tax Credit
Support Greater Vail Community ReSources by taking the Arizona dollar-for-dollar state tax credit when you make a donation. The amounts allowed for those tax credits have now been doubled with a new state law signed by Governor Ducey. The new limits allow an individual to take a $400 tax credit and married couples to contribute up to $800 for the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit.
We hope you will consider boosting your donation to take advantage of the bigger tax credits and support Greater Vail Community ReSources at the same time. Your donation helps families at ReSources Vail Food Bank, seniors who depend on nutritious Mobile Meals delivered to their home and students that rely on supplemental weekend meals, among many others. The tax credit is a great way to reduce your tax burden to the state and keep your tax dollars working right here in your community. You can also make monthly donations to reach your tax credit donation goal.
You have until April 15 to donate and Take Advantage of the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit. Please include ReSources Qualifying Charitable Organization (QCO) code of 20904 when you take the tax credit on your return.
If you donate to Greater Vail Community ReSources by April 15, 2019, you can claim a tax credit that reduces dollar for dollar what you would pay in Arizona state income tax. Money you would otherwise pay in taxes can benefit your neighbors instead!
- Couples filing jointly can claim a tax credit of up to $800.
- Head of household/single can claim a tax credit up to $400.
- The Arizona Charitable Tax Credit is completely separate from and in addition to the Private School Tuition and Public School Activity Tax Credits – you may participate in any or all three if you choose.
- If you have no Arizona tax liability for the current year, you may carry the tax credit forward up to five years.
- Your donation may also be claimed as a charitable deduction on your federal income tax.
How does it work? It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
- Donate to Greater Vail Community ReSources as an agency that serves the working poor by April 15, 2018.
- To make a secure donation online, click the button below.
Note: Mailed donations must be postmarked no later than April 15, 2019.
- Prepare your state tax return.
- You or your accountant complete the simple Arizona Tax Form 321 and include it with your state tax return.
KEEP YOUR TAX DOLLARS LOCAL AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR THOSE LESS FORTUNATE IN YOUR COMMUNITY BY SUPPORTING PROGRAMS AT GREATER VAIL COMMUNITY RESOURCES.
More information about the AZ Charitable Tax Credit may be found on the Arizona Department of Revenue website.
Please note: Greater Vail Community ReSources is not a tax adviser. As with any investment, please consult with your tax adviser for expert advice on your tax situation.